Possible Fix for ActiveX & Flash Player

Discussion in 'Software' started by maybeok, May 30, 2006.

1. maybeok

maybeok Private First Class

In October 2005 I purchased a specially built to my requirements a new computer.
    Installed with = Windows XP Home [OEM] = Internet Explorer 6.0 = and also installed with Microsoft Works Suite 2005 = Note! = All MS required Windows Updates Installed. Using Broadband.

Now since October last year and up to last week I have been experiencing a total Computer Freeze in the process to access some Web Pages [I found to close the computer down I had to physically press the computer power button]

A couple of months ago I found the problem related to the Macromedia Flash and ActiveX programming.
    I found I could overcome this problem by = Disabling = in the Internet Explorer = Add-Ons = the = Shockwave Flash Object... = SSV Helper Class ....= Sun Java Console...= After the Disabling I found I could access/view these problem Web sites
    I found after the Disabling the Macromedia Flash programming I had the Web Pages with no flash images, only black bands in their place!

A week ago I found a =FIX =???!!!
    By doing a Goggle Search for "patch to disable activex shockwave player object" [without the quotes] I found an article inserted by http://www.martijndevisser.com/blog/article/flash-limitations-in-ie6-kb912945 and within there page is a link to Microsoft update of 912945 [MS = link is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=912945
    Before installing the 912945 patch you must read the above Article by MartinDevisser and the Microsoft 912945 Articles

Yes, I downloaded and have installed this update.

Now for the last 8 days with all Add-Ons "Enabled" I have not had any problems viewing the problem sites

I understand Microsoft have included the above Microsoft Update 912945 programming in the New IE7

Please Note! The Update 912945 also corrected the computer freeze I received when trying to access the "Tour" in Microsoft Works Suite 2005 [Tour is located within Help symbol "?" on the top RH corner of main Works Suite page] I now can view the "Tour" all OK

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds