Possible Graphic card issue, please help.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Drakeskull, May 16, 2007.

1. Drakeskull

Drakeskull Private E-2

My cousin has had some graphic card issues in the past. He had a 4600ti that was crashing when he would try and load a game, he said it would get all the way to where it was supposed to load the graphics and crash. Then he bought a 6600gt and it would run the game, but the models are broken. He did install a ati card at some point and then switched back to the 4600 and it worked. The 4600 started crashing again when trying to load games, and he bought a 7800gt and installed it. The 7800gt is doing the same thing as the 6600 was doing with the models and I have done everything I can think of doing. I found old traces of the ati drivers got rid of them completly uninstalled the Nvidia drivers and reinstalled them he says windows is fully updated. Here is a screen shot of what it is doing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. lowie57

lowie57 Private First Class

is it in all games the models are screwing up, or just counter strike: source?

3. Drakeskull

Drakeskull Private E-2

As far as he said when the 6600 was doing it, it was multiple games but the only 2 I know for sure is CS Source and EQ2.

4. lowie57

lowie57 Private First Class

would you be able to post the specs of the comp?

5. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

maybe a directx issue, try reinstalling it

its odd that its only the models that artifact, i dont think its a problem with the video card. id say it was a bad texture/model file but since its with 2 games...who knows

6. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

k with the installation of so many cards has he "scrubbed" the registry each and every time he has installed a new card?? To me it seems like driver issues and they can and will make siginificant differences.

DL DriveCleaner Pro from here and ensure the Registry is completely clean before replacing Cards and Installing their latest (sometimes quite individual) drivers. It appears they are only generating about 50% of the pixels.....it looks pretty cool.

Hey HEY VB been a victim of WoW and haven't been round much lately

7. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

yea drivercleaner is awesome

DUDE you havent been around FOREVER! how's ye olde computer running?

8. Drakeskull

Drakeskull Private E-2

He just wiped the harddrive and it still continues to do this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds