Possible Page Filing system slow down?

Discussion in 'Software' started by swisschese, Apr 19, 2010.

1. swisschese

swisschese Private E-2

First and for most, you guys rock as tech support and fixes for some of the messed up issues.

I am a computer tech as well, in need of some help.

I have a dell inspiron 1721 Laptop here.

AMD 64x2 1.9GHZ
    3GB DDR2 Ram
    160GB HDD

I have performed an fresh format and reload, also without dell discs. From a cold boot the system will take about 3 mins to load into windows, i check the CPU usage, it's 100% i run WINDIRSTAT It shows my Page File using 100%, If i reboot it will act as normal - and everything will run as it should.

I have changed out the ram, used less ram to install and run the system, changed the HDD out with 3 different HDD's of different capacities also upgraded the BIOS to latest version.

Also, i have tried to install Linux, windows XP, Vista, and 7 and i get the same results!!.. As of now i am running windows 7 on it..

I have also changed the page system to 500MB , 200MB 16MB, disabled it, and let windows manage it.

I am really stumped!

Any help would be more than wonderful!!!

Thanks again

Swiss:wave

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Since the choice of OS doesn't seem to make a difference, look to a hardware rather than a software problem. hard drive problem? bad RAM stick?

I own an HP laptop that does the same thing (not page file but 100% CPU usage) for over a year. I reload an image from an earlier date and it is normal. I haven't been able to figure it out. Note: it is off my network and the internet (that's to isolate that it could be caused by malware) and I resorted to removing all security programs, after scanning to be sure it was clean, because I thought one of those might be causing the problem. Right now, it hasn't acted up since the end of January when I restored an image.

3. swisschese

swisschese Private E-2

I have changed out on ram, HDD. If i put it in hibernate it will do that same thing as if i shut it off. Not sure what's going on, and cannot really afford to replace the motherboard..

PCcheck 6.0 6.25 have all passed the hardware test many times

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds