possible radeon 9800 fault? Overheating?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nanouk77, May 19, 2005.

1. nanouk77

nanouk77 Private E-2

hiya folks
    Ive been referred here from the software board. Im trying to run guild wars, but after 2 - 3 mins of play, the monitor goes blank and i have to reset the machine. I gave the machine a good clean this morning, but still get this happening.
    Ive installed speedfan and get the following readings:

temp 1 45c
    temp 2 33c
    temp 3 26c
    HD0 37c
    temp1 40c

my p.c. specs are as follows:
    pentium 4 3.4ghz
    1gb ram
    xp with sp2
    radeon 9800

If anyone can help, id really appreciate it.
    Thanks

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Hi m8,you need to install the lastest chipset,soundcard and catalyst drivers,make sure guild wars is fully patched up and check for this problem on their website,if it doesn't happen at any other time,your temps look normal,try runnning 3dmark 2003 "futuremark.com",run it a few times on loop to get your system nice and warm,you can also leave speedfan running in the background,go into charts and select all your temps to be charted,then check the charts to see how hot everything got. :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds