Possible to put Foxit Reader in IE8 add-ons?

Discussion in 'Software' started by luckyvic, Jan 20, 2011.

1. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

Is there a way to put Foxit Reader in the IE8 add-ons section?

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I don't know but, in my Windows 7 system, Foxit Reader is opening inside IE even though Foxit does not appear in IE's Manage Add-ons panel. So, I'm inclined to say that if Foxit Reader is working in IE, then don't worry about it not appearing in your Add-ons panel.

3. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

OK, thanks for the reply. I'm using XP (haven't moved up yet). After upgrading Foxit to newer version, every time I tried opening a pdf file from a website I had to click the "run active x tab".

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Did you have Adobe Reader installed prior to installing Foxit Reader? Did you uninstall Adobe Reader before installing Foxit Reader?

As a first attempt to resolve this, I suggest simply uninstalling Foxit Reader and then reinstalling it. If you do not have the latest version of Foxit, I suggest you download it first. I would reinstall Foxit with IE closed. Then, open IE and try going to a PDF file on the web and see how it behaves.

5. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

Uninstalled Adobe a long time ago (used Revo Uninstaller) and downloaded the newest version of Foxit. I did use the custom install and unchecked a few options.

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Well, have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, as I suggested?

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I had quite a bit of trouble lately with Foxit on all 5 computers in the house.
    I contacted Foxit Tech support by email and I have to say they are A+!
    Four computers were easily fixed but the 5th one would not accept the fix.
    The gal who was sending me emails with links to things to download and pictures as attachments to show me the menu choices stuck with me until the last stubborn computer was fixed.
    Email support, you will not be sorry.

I got better support for this free program than I've gotten for a lot of paid programs.

8. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

Yes I have, still no change.

9. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

Thanks for the reply. I will contact support. I have heard they are indeed nice and helpful.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds