Post format guidance sought

Discussion in 'Software' started by CaptainNemo, Dec 20, 2008.

1. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Private E-2

Dear all,

request your kind advice.

I have just format the C drive of my desktop. I have then installed the MS Office. I also have one more CD from Intel which came when I purchased my PC. This has two categories of files, Drivers and Applications. Do i need to run this cd first? The problem arose becasue even after successful format i cant connect to broadband. Neither am I able to instal the ADSL modem (Huawei MT 882) properly. I have been able to create the broadband icon which askes for the password and user id for connecting. But when I try to connect it gives error 796.

Regards.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yes. As soon as Windows has finished installing, the very next thing anyone should do is to install all the drivers. Drivers allow Windows to 'communicate' with the system devices, and drivers basically 'turn on' the system devices. Without drivers you have no sound, no internet, limited graphics, and possible system instability. The applications on the Intel disc are usually programs like Adobe Reader, a trial version of Norton, and other programs like a hardware monitoring program. The application are optional and not required for full system functionality.

3. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Private E-2

Hello dlb,

Many thanks. I have run the cd and now broadband is now working fine. Many thanks. This thread may be closed now.

Kind regards.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds