post virus attack loss of internet connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by salvaruvian, Dec 16, 2007.

1. salvaruvian

salvaruvian Private E-2

Hello!
    Recently I had a bad virus attack and with the help of Major geeks I got rid of all of those viruses. The bad news is I think the viruses really messed with my internet connection setups. Needless to say I cannot connect to the internet anymore. I was on the phone the other day with the ISP AT&T for two hours and we concluded that there was a possible problem with the DHCP Client.

we ran cmd ipconfig lots of times, and it says it cannot run that command because it does not exist

we ran services.msc and instead of saying "started" it says "starting" under dhcp client.

The only advise they could give me was to go to a pc tech and get it fixed. I guess its a major issue but before I did that and spend lots of money I was wondering if anyone on here had anymore great advise?

thanks

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds