Power Management Features

Discussion in 'Software' started by JCBN, May 27, 2009.

1. JCBN

JCBN Private E-2

Hey fellas, new to the site, but its already becoming one of my favorites. Anyway, here's my question. I have a Toshiba Satellite 1405; i went ahead and formatted it with windows xp (it was old and not working properly) and have it working ok except for a couple of things. For one, I don't have any of the laptop power management features anymore, so even when the computer is unplugged it doesn't use any power saving features (dimming the screen and such). The battery runs out very quickly, and although i'm not ruling out that the battery might be done, i remember before i formatted it the duration of the battery was affected greatly by the power mode it was on. Also, when i go to my power settings it won't even allow me to use stand-by or hibernation modes (they don't even show up). Below i posted the info Everest game me about my power management features. Also, my device manager tells me i don't have a Video Controller (VGA compatible) driver, and cant find the software to update it. Anyway, any help getting these features back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Power Management Features
    Automatic Clock Control Not Supported
    Enhanced Halt State (C1E) Not Supported
    Enhanced SpeedStep Technology (EIST, ESS) Not Supported
    Frequency ID Control Not Supported
    LongRun Not Supported
    LongRun Table Interface Not Supported
    PowerSaver 1.0 Not Supported
    PowerSaver 2.0 Not Supported
    PowerSaver 3.0 Not Supported
    Processor Duty Cycle Control Not Supported
    Software Thermal Control Not Supported
    Temperature Sensing Diode Not Supported
    Thermal Monitor 1 Not Supported
    Thermal Monitor 2 Not Supported
    Thermal Monitoring Not Supported
    Thermal Trip Not Supported
    Voltage ID Control Not Supported

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Hello,

If you search the Toshiba site for driver, you should be able to find some drivers for power management features.

3. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

yeah, most laptops come with power management software, cause xp's isn't very good. I'm curious if vista and win7's is any better?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds