Power Options settings for system when folding 24/7

Discussion in 'Software' started by paramonks, Jun 19, 2010.

1. paramonks

paramonks Corporal

Hello All,

I couldn't find the answer for my question over at the folding forum, so I'm asking the regulars here.

For those of you who fold 24/7 what power settings do you have your system set on?

Do you turn your monitors off after 2 hours? When or do you stop your HD spinning? Any other particular settings to adjust? I'm running Win7 btw. I'm not running 24/7 yet but I will be on the odd day during football season.

I did read that if you put your CPU to sleep then production of folding ceases.

Thanks - paramonks

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Choose High performance, never sleep for CPU or hard drive and monitor, all choices in the sub menu. I just shut my monitor(LCD) off when leaving for more than 20 minutes. If you like the 'screensavers' then choose what you want, they really don't save your screen from burn in anymore unless you have a CRT, still uses plenty of power.

3. noprob

noprob Corporal

XP Pro SP3

My setting in Power Options via Control Panel:

Home/Office Desk (I guess I could have used the "Always On" option)

turn off monitor: never (I do as augie does if gone for more than 20 minutes I manually turn off my lcd monitor)

turn off hard disks: never (fah uses our hard disk to write the progress of a WU to it's folder)

system standby: never

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds