Power Supply circuit board # 860-ALZ-2112H

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leehhiltoniii, Aug 13, 2009.

1. leehhiltoniii

leehhiltoniii Private E-2

My Gateway 21" LCD monitor finally went dark after just 36 months...
    It had been intermittently loosing it's power over a period of time but I could usually disconnect it and reconnect the mailo power cord and revive it for a couple of days...

I need a power supply board to repair my Gateway 21" LCD monitor.
    Gateway Model 2100 LCD 21" monitor
    Product No: FPD 2185W
    Product Code: 7005483
    MFG Date: Jan 2006
    Serial No: MPV61 50N 05101

Power Supply circuit board # 860-ALZ-2112H
    This number also is on the sticker with the PS circuit board number:
    F5043359G

:>)

2. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Welcome to MGs!! Hopefully, this won't be too 'geeky' for us!! I've been searching for this board and, like you, I could only find that German site. Since you already have the board out and on your bench, are those 8 capacitors in good shape? In other words, are the tops sort of rounded? If so, you can replace them. If I'm not mistaken, the 2100's are made by Samsung and maybe you could try their site also for a replacement board. I know I haven't been much help, but that board is extremely hard to find and the only repair advice I found was to replace those 8 capacitors. other than that, I've hit a :banghead!!

One more option, post this in the 'Electronics and Gadgets Forum' where it'll get a lot more exposure because not too many read this part of the forums. In that forum you'll find a lot more people that are into electronics and hopefully they'll be able to help you more than I did. Good Luck!!

3. leehhiltoniii

leehhiltoniii Private E-2

Thanks "Stubby" for your response...I indeed did check all eight of those cappys and they did not appear to be malformed and the fuse integrety was ok...
    I will try Samsung's site as you suggested...wish me luck!
    :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds