Power supply Compaq Presario SR5013WM help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by capnzathrus, Sep 13, 2015.

1. capnzathrus

capnzathrus Private E-2

I am using a 250W power supply, and it seems to be picking and choosing what to power and when. How big of a power supply can I put into my Compaq Presario SR5013WM??

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

That depends on lots of factors. Go here http://powersupplycalculator.net/
    select what you have then hit the calculate button to get an idea of the wattage needed.
    After you have finished, ask for suggestions on good brands. All brands are not equal and you do not want to skimp on a decent power supply.

3. capnzathrus

capnzathrus Private E-2

Thanks, but the program didn't work. What I really need to know is if I get a 600W-700W power supply, it won't blow out my motherboard, will it?

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

The motherboard uses the power it needs. Whether you have a 250 Watt or 750 Watt PSU will not blow your motherboard.

FYI The online analyses recommended by plodr does work. You need to enter the relevant info.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds