Power Surge hit, now hangs at xp splash scrn

Discussion in 'Software' started by G113385, Aug 12, 2008.

1. G113385

G113385 Private E-2

To make a long story short, my computer got a power surge, it was hooked up to a whole home surge protector and a power strip and got hit. It took out my power supply and what i thought to be my ram and video card. Turns out it took out my first pci express slot so i put my card in the second slot. but now when i boot up it goes to my mother boards splash screen, then posts, then the windows splash screen where it just keeps on "loading" with the blue bar. Also when i boot into safe mode it stops at system32/TDI.sys. I have already tried booting from the windows disk to do a repair but it loads all the drivers and wont give my the option to repair and shows starting windows and stops there. Im lost lol
    System specs: Windows xp pro, 2gb corsair, 8800gts 640mb, 300gb sata, corsair 750 power supply (new), and asus a8n-32sli deluxe, amd 4800, razer sound card. thanks in advance. (sorry for the long post)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds