Power Surges on PC on first start???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jguy6, Sep 9, 2009.

1. jguy6

jguy6 Private E-2

:confusedOK. I have hit a road block in trying to troubleshoot a computer and just haven't had any luck with what I have tried so far. Basically, what happens is that when power is loss to the computer I.E. (power outage or computer unplugged) the computer will surge when starting up. Meaning it will try to start over and over again unsuccessfully. This, only seems to happen after power is lost to the computer. After, hitting the power button about 4-5 times the problem goes away. I'm kinda stump at this and I can't figure out why its doing it. I changed out processor and heat sink, that didn't help, removed gc, that didn't help, took out memory it looked like it help but, it starting surging again. I'm starting to think there is some faulty wiring somewhere just trying to break it down to where. I'm going to try another case and another mobo later and see what happens. My thinking is its the power switch connectors coming from the case that causing it but, its just a guess haven't had any luck so far. I've encounter the problem before on a different computer but, reseating the processor was all that was needed on that one. hope someone out there can help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds