powercolor hd4670 agp [need help pls]

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brelok, Oct 7, 2009.

1. brelok

brelok Private E-2

Hello...
    My current settings:
    Running windows xp pro
    Motherboard: Arock 775V88+
    Graphic: Radeon 9600pro 126Mb
    Power supply: Startronic , Pentium P4 & PFC, Model: st-500cpba

I bought today a new graphic card, Powercolor HD 4670 1GB DDR3 AGP.
    I uninstaled the old graphic card drivers turned pc off and replaced the graphics. My pc doesnt boot and i get a beeps sequence.
    About the BIPS i get in begining i will descrive the best i can:

One long beep that can also be 2 short beeps with 1/4 second difference, a sequence of 8 short beeps with half a second between them, then after 1 second another short beep.

I had to change back to the old graphic card to come ask for help, whats going on here? Can someone pls help?

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Firstly the BIOS Error beep codes would be indicating no Video Device detected. This could mean that either the the card was not seated correctly in the slot (I would recheck this) or your PSU is not able to provide sufficient power to the card.

You have plugged in the the 4pin molex plug for the power connection to the video card?

3. brelok

brelok Private E-2

All i did was removed the old graphic board from the agp slot and putted in the new graphic board in same spot, haven't done anything else, it's like it has been...

4. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Is the Video Card plugged into the PSU!?!

5. brelok

brelok Private E-2

It's just connected to the board, could you pls tell me what do i need to connect more?

6. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

You need to take a Molex plug and plug it into the card like Bold Eagle said. Here is some pics to help you out

Attached Files:

7. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

thats the one good find pclover, your PSU should have plenty of those for HDD's, Fans, DVD, etc etc

8. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Post back if that solves the problem.

9. RisingSan

RisingSan Private E-2

Which is the exact order guys? Should the 12V be the leftmost or the rightmost pin?

Thanks in advance.

10. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

It should only fit one way.

Sam

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds