Powerpoint Presentaion Loop On A Smart Tv Via Wireless With The Microsoft Wireless Display Adpt.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by baspinall, Jun 8, 2017.

1. baspinall

baspinall Private E-2

I have a client that is a bar. They currently run a looped PP advertisement/band schedules on a TV using a laptop connected directly to the TV. The laptop sits in the drop ceiling!
    My question is. Can I run that PP presentation over their WiFi via a Microsoft Wireless Adapter on the TV? From what I'm reading I think I can but want to make sure. I want that laptop out of the ceiling.

Also, if there is something better out there these days than running a dated PP presentation I would love to hear about it. They have to make constant changes to the content, ie. Bands, DJ's etc.

Thanks for any help. Hope this is the right place to post this question.

Brian

2. baspinall

baspinall Private E-2

Anybody?

3. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

I guess no one has tried it. It sounds like it should work.

How is the laptop connected directly to the TV? Via HDMI? In theory, 50 feet is the maximum cable length HDMI supports, though 25 feet seem more realist. Perhaps that is enough to get it out of the ceiling.

4. baspinall

baspinall Private E-2

Yeah laptop is connected via HDMI right now. They are looking for a wireless solution to run a PP presentation. I was thinking if I pull the laptop off the hDMI and put it in the back office I could connect wireless/WiFi to the Microsoft Adapter?

5. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

It sounds like it should work, but I have never tried it so I hesitate to say go for it, unless it costs nothing but a bit of your time to try.

6. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Unless their laptop and TV has built-in WiDi/Miracast capability, they will need an adapter like this: https://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-SBWD100KIT01-ScreenBeam-Wireless-Transmitter/dp/B009Z8T3K6

7. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds