powersuite,registry mechanic & registry power cleaner

Discussion in 'Software' started by psychedelicmaniac, Dec 28, 2011.

1. psychedelicmaniac

psychedelicmaniac Private E-2

Hi
    I use these 3 so called optimizers,i am very fond of registry mechanic there is a lot more than a registry cleaner,and powersuite is set for daily maintance,besites this i have advanced system care 5 pro,windows 7 manager,ccleaner glary utilities,winutilities(both pro versions)and reg clean pro.then i have got some good freeware utilities for examble tweaknow powerpack 2011 that i like a lot,you can without regret call me a cleaning freak.The reason for this thread is that i would like to know what all you "geeks" use for registry cleaning,harddrive cleaning and last but not least if you use any tune up software,and i forgot to mention avg pc tune up 2011 is installed too(i only use the system scan feature,i never touch the system advisor witch i believe is dangerous,just like i do not use all the features in all the other utilities,i have my favorites)
    I sencerly hope for a lot of feedback.

kind regards psychedelicmaniac:)

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

Re: powersuite, registry mechanic & registry power cleaner

>> The reason for this thread is that i would like to know what all you "geeks" use for registry cleaning, harddrive cleaning and last but not least if you use any tune up software. psychedelicmaniac <<

For registry cleaning (as well as a general computer use cleaner) I prefer to use CCleaner and Eusing Free Registry Cleaner. CCleaner is very popular and safe to use as both a "system cleaner" as well as a "registry cleaner." I highly recommend this utility; especially for beginners who are new to cleaning out their registry.

The Eusing Free Registry Cleaner seems to find far more items to 'clean' than many other shareware and freeware utilities which are available. For your own reference I'd strongly suggest that you read the "Feature Details" part of the Eusing Free Registry Cleaner website in order to investigate what this program scans and offers to clean.

Overall; I believe that this Eusing program is very 'safe' to use. One of the things I like best about the Eusing program is [as the developer's site states]: Eusing Free Registry Cleaner will make an automatic backup creation of the latest repaired entries. Therefore, users will be able to restore any previous changes made using the software by choosing the 'Restore previous registry...' option.

About the only 'negative' thing I can think of about this utility is that every time you start it; a "please donate" registration reminder nag screen pops up. You can just click and that screen goes away but this function cannot be entirely disabled until some donation is made to the developer. This is a minor inconvenience in my opinion, especially considering the quality of the product.

As for Tune-Up Utilities I originally liked the program; however I believe the company is a bunch of con-artists. I purchased Tune-Up Utilities 2011 and about a month later they put out Tune-Up Utilities 2012 with no option of updating the program; unless of course I paid an additional price for it. Also, even though I opted "unsubscribe" in order to no longer receive e-mails from them; I still constantly received emails and finally had to add them to my spammer list.

The problem that many users have with registry cleaning software utilities is the fact that many of them (particularly of the shareware variety) list numerous not necessarily "bad" entries in order to incite people to purchase them. The most important thing to remember whenever using these utilities is not to do what I call "over-cleaning" your registry and to always set the utility perform a back-up of the entire registry before the cleaning. It only takes an extra second or two to do this back up and it really comes in handy should somthing go wrong during the cleaning process.

Good Luck!

COMP

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds