Presario 2100 sound card under win98

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Davey Hughes, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Davey Hughes

Davey Hughes Private E-2

Hello, i have just turned my compaq pressario 2100 into a duel boot machine, the laptop is only a year and a half old, i am using win98 and winXP and i cant for the life of me get my sound card to work under win98. I need win98 to run some dos software i am using, when i look in XP it is using Conaxant Link-AC audio drivers but i cant get these drivers to work under win98, i have tried the conexant site but cant find anythin at all, i think i have almost searched the entire world for some sort of driver or software to do the job but have failed every time. Any help would be great, Many Thanks, Dave.

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Did you check compaq's web site?

3. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

I checked Compaq's site for Win98 drivers for you laptop, and the earliest versions that I could find were for Win2000, which as you have noted will not work. Download Everest Home Edition from the downloads section of the site, run it, and see who the actual manufacturer of your audio device is. Going to their website may actually provide a driver that will work with Win98. Hope this helps! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds