Presario drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by jools1976, Aug 4, 2008.

1. jools1976

jools1976 Sergeant

I recently reformatted a Compaq Presario SR5110NX from Vista to XP. Everything went well except I'm missing some drivers. I did some research before the format just to be sure I would be able to get the drivers for XP and apparently they are fairly common so I went ahead. The mobo is an MCP61PM-HM and I'm missing the following drivers (listed in the device manager) :

Video Controller
    SM Bus Controller
    PCI Simple Communication Controller
    PCI Device
    PCI Bridge Device

The dial up modem (PCI Simple Comm. Cont. I'm assuming) is a Conexant RD01-D850. I read this post :

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=163764

It was pretty awesome as far as listing links for all the drivers but I have a couple questions. In this post the mobo in question was the same but the Compaq computer model was different. Does this make a difference? Also, I downloaded three different modem drivers for the RD01-D850 and none of them seem to want to install. If I try and run the application that comes in the driver folder nothing at alll happens, and if I try to install the drivers through the wizard using the driver folder as the source it says the drivers were not found. Can anybody help? Thanks.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Well, I posted all the links in the other thread and the other dude never said if any of those modem drivers worked... I just assumed they did 'cuz if they didn't I probably would have heard something. All the other drivers should be fine except for the modem. I'll try to find some other drivers, but I'm pretty sure the drivers you already got from the other thread are good. You may need to 'force' them to install by using the 'have disk' method and tell Windows to install it even if it says it's the wrong one. But, if you don't use the dail-up modem, there's no need to even worry about....

4. jools1976

jools1976 Sergeant

Awesome man. Everything worked except the modem. I've actually downoaded the drivers from 3 different places but I keep getting the same package which doesn't want to work. I tried forcing it too but no dice. I probably wouldn't worry about that one but everytime the computer gets restarted the found new hardware wizard comes up. Everything else worked perfect though. Thanks guys!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

When you tried forcing the modem driver, did you lead the wizard to the .inf file?

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

To stop this from happening, go into the device manager, right click on 'PCI Simple Communication Device' and select 'Disable'. This will stop the new hardware wizard from coming up each time.

7. jools1976

jools1976 Sergeant

Thanks dude. I actually ended up getting it to work though. When you said to force it using the 'Have Disk' method I misunderstood what you meant. when I actually did it the way you were referring to it worked perfect. The last thing that doesn't seem to be taking is the Video Controller. I downloaded the Nvidea chipset driver and the sudio driver both of which worked good, but the link for the Video driver (in this post) isn't coming up. I'm getting 'IE Explorer cannot disply this webpage...'. Any other links you can suggest. I tried the video link in the other post you were working in but it comes up in chinese.....

8. jools1976

jools1976 Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds