Price Check?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WorldsBiggestNoob, Aug 19, 2005.

1. WorldsBiggestNoob

WorldsBiggestNoob Private E-2

Hi all, I'm new here and hopefully I am posting this in the right area.
    I'm looking to sell my current computer to help pay for a new one, the following is what I think is in it (or in the case of a few things connected to it not actually IN).

17'' SAMTRON MONITOR
    ASUS P4V8X-X MOTHERBOARD
    INTEL P4 2GHz CPU
    500W ATX 12V POWER SUPPLY
    896MB RAM: (3 slots on board)
    - 512MB DDR 400MHz PC3200 CL2.5
    - 256MB DDR 266MHz PC2100 CL2.5
    - 128MB DDR 266MHz PC2100 CL2.5
    BFGTECH GEOFORCE 5500 128MB AGP
    SOUND BLASTER LIVE 5.1
    ONBOARD ETHERNET
    120GB IDE ATA133 MAXTOR DIAMONDMAX PLUS 9 7200RPM 2MB BUFFER
    54/32/54 CDRW
    LG 16X DVDROM
    KOSS DESKTOP SPEAKERS
    2 WHEEL MOUSE PS/2
    MICROSOFT INTERNET KEYBOARD PS/2 AND USB WITH USB HUB
    AND A NORMAL WHITE TOWER CASE

A few of the things are still under warrenty 'cause ther still new like the fan+heating grid, power supply, motherboard and graphics card.

If anyone can give me a rough estimate on how much I should ask to sell this system for it would be appreciated.

2. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

I think if your computer Specs are under warranty base on brand new Price You can discount 30% for each of them so you will know the price for all

Good luck ;)

3. WorldsBiggestNoob

I was going to try to get around 800 (canadian dollars) you think this be too high or too low?

4. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

easiest thing to do is check what systems with a comparable configuration sell for now and sell it for less than that :)

5. radical rick

radical rick Private E-2

If my currency converter is correct then you are asking $655 american. I dont think you will get it. But there is no harm in putting it out there and seeing if you can get it. A friend of mine just got an emachine from best buy that has a athlon64 3400, 1 gig of ddr400, ati x700, 200gig HD.and they through in a 15 inch lcd for $650 american. This may not be better than what you have but being able to take it back to best buy and say "here its under warrenty fix it" is worth alot to people who don't know about computers.
    Like I say dosen't hurt to ask you can always lower your price and make thenm think they got a real good deal.
    good luck

6. WorldsBiggestNoob

Thanks for the replys. I tried to pricheck it all bran new and it comes to around 970..I think. I would be happy with 750 and I would give atleast a 30 day warrenty on whoever I sold it to, not including the manufacturers warrenty on any of the parts that are still under it. The parts I know are still under warrenty are the motherboard, video card, the 512mb ram stick, power supply and the heading grid+fan.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds