Print size from Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Conklin, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Conklin

Conklin Private First Class

This should be simple and I'm embarrassed that I don't know what the answer is. Help would be warmly appreciated!

My wife uses a laptop which has Windows XP and OE V. 6.
    She was not happy with font sizes on screen and did "something" (if you have a wife, you know how it goes ) but she does does not know what she did amd I can't imagine. The upshot is this: Now when she attempts to print eMails that she has received from others, the print size is quite large. It is TOO large in fact, and she would like it smaller. naturally I am assigned the task of "fixing" the problem. When I print to that printer using my computer, it's fine. The size is perfect.

I can't seem to figure out how to make the output print any smaller, though I can make it smaller on the screen.

Can somebody help me out?

Bill Conklin

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Yes. Although this seems silly, it is the answer. Whatever font size you have IE set to view webpages in is what font size OE will print emails in.

In IE, go View -> Text Size. I'll bet yours is Larger or Largest. Set it to Medium and print an email.

3. Conklin

Conklin Private First Class

Thank you, "TheDoug."
    This site always gives me good info!

bill:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds