Print Spooler won't run

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kjennis, Mar 11, 2006.

1. kjennis

kjennis Private E-2

Trying to install a new printer. I keep getting an error that the print spooler service has been stopped and I need to restart. I've rebooted several times, also shut down completely & restarted. Went to Run-spoolsrv.exe Still cannot get spooler started. Running Windows XP. Help!

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Hi and Welcome to MajorGeeks.

Start, Run and type in services.msc then OK.

Scroll down to Print Spooler and double-click.

Make sure the service is Started and set to Automatic.

3. kjennis

kjennis Private E-2

Thanks for the response. I followed the steps, but got this message: "Could not start print spooler sevice on local computer. Error 1068. The dependency service or group failed to start.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

In Print Spooler (Services), check the Recovery Tab and make sure that First and Second Failure are set to Restart the Service.

In the Dependancy tab, you'll note that it needs RPC service, so make sure that is started and on Auto as well.

If that fails, go through the steps outlined HERE.

5. peppi25

peppi25 Private E-2

To anyone having a problem with a Lexmark printer, the post from Imsomniac should correct the problem. I have been fighting with this problem for 2 weeks now and this is the only thing that repaired my printer. Insomniac, take a bow, your deserve it...:-D

6. datboytaz

datboytaz Private E-2

wow even 4 1/2 years later this was still helpful Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds