1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printer not printing color anymore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dyamond, Jul 19, 2007.

1. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

At work I have a Espon Stylus C86 which has been working up until now.

I ran out of my colored ink, so I changed all the colored cartridges at once.
    I've done this about three times in the past months and no problems but now after I change the cartridges the printer recognizes the new ink but it wont print in color!! I have tried everything - cleaning the print heads, checking the nozzle, going through all the steps and nothing works!!

Epson was no help they basically told me to do the very exact things I already done.

So, can anyone help me?? Thank you!!
  2. baklogic

baklogic MajorGeek

I know it will not help, but, it is possible you have a bad batch of cartridges, - but have you tried using the old cartriges that were not quite empty, and the new ones for empty ones- I EXPECT YOU HAVE.
    I have an Epsom r200, and have had a bad batch , but always have spares, so, I have experienced the problem.
    If none of that , or, what Epsom suggested works, I would replace the printer, if it's out of warraty.
  3. JJJIrish05

JJJIrish05 Sergeant

you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver
  4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

5. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

6. dyamond

Thanks for all of your responses guys. The same thing happened when i changed the black ink, so i really pestered Epson and i found out that the printer needs a new print head..whatever that means (yes its out of warrenty rolleyes) and the nearest service center it more than two hours away!! So, I just stole my co-workers printer (he doesnt use it LOL) and were are just going to buy another one!

Thanks again!
  7. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Printer NOT stolen, just re-allocated. :D ;) :) Bazza

8. dyamond

re-located....... rightttt ;) LOL