Printer Printing Too Large.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hsthompson, Feb 25, 2007.

1. hsthompson

hsthompson Private First Class

When i go to print any screen off the net it cuts off part of what was to be printed. Tried control panel and setting but can not manage to correct this problem. Tried print preview and set it to what it should be but did not work. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Have you tried, Page setup, and ticked the box shrink to fit,

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I assume you have tried "Landscape" instead of "Portrait" ?
    Landscape usually works better in a lot of instances. Bazza

===

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Yes,bibazz, Landscape will give you the full page, but I find you usually get half pages long, that way.
    In page set up , there is a box to tick to shrink to fit, which always works for me in Portrait mode.
    Otherwise it can be set by reducing margins, but that is tedious.

5. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Thanks chaps for the shrink to fit tip.
    I always thought landscape was the only direct way.
    I often find that copying and pasting into Word first allows some reformatting to strip out stuff I don't really need/want to print.
    open Word
    In theIE page Ctrl+A>Ctrl+C
    click on the Word page
    Ctrl+v

Studio T

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds