Printer problems Epson SX 515

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pmar2uk, Oct 9, 2012.

1. pmar2uk

pmar2uk Private E-2

I recently had a problem with my printer in that it displays :

" A printer error has occurred "

It now refuses to do anything and displays Printer Error on the LCD".

I had heard that there was a fix on the Epson site to fix page count , but there was no model listed for a Epson SX 515, and so could not use it .

It is a very newish and well kept printer does anybody have a fix for it , i have tried turning it off and on and reloading software but to no avail.

Please Help urgently ,

Many thanks ,

Peter

:cry

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. pmar2uk

pmar2uk Private E-2

The printer is running wired (although it is a wireless printer)and is connected to a computer .The operating system is Windows XP .

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Epson support:
    "I would suggest you power off the product and remove the power and data cable for at least a minute, lift the lid to check for any foreign objects, remove any paper or other items that should not be there. If the error remains it indicates a hardware fault within the product and it will require a repair."

I'd say power off the printer and remove both cables for more than a minute, closer to 5 minutes so it can clear anything stored.

If you plug the cables back into the computer and power on the printer and still see the printer, the next thing is to uninstall the printer. Reboot several times after removing. Then grab the setup and install just like it was a new printer.

I also saw this:
    This error in the Epson Service Manual is listed as a FATAL ERROR. It means the printer can't finish the self test. When you turn the power ON the printer begin to check all systems. If for some reason it cant finish this self test - the printer gives this error message.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds