Printer queue needs cleared

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nater324, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Nater324

Nater324 Private E-2

Hi gang, I just had a printer go AWOL so I went to storage to find an old printer of mine. Its an Epson Stylus CX4200. I connected it just fine but went to print and nothing happened. I clicked on the printing queue down in the system tray and it appears that there are 11 jobs ahead of mines from other users in my home, stemming way back to 2009. I have tried to delete them but the screen keeps blinking with refreshing going in and out on the title bar. How can I delete the previous jobs in the queue so that i may print?
    Thanks in advance

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Go to command line -
    Start > Run > cmd > [Enter] (In Vista use Run as Administrator)
    Type net stop spooler > [Enter] (Leave command box open)
    Go back to Printer Queue and delete jobs. If successful, go back to command line
    Type net start spooler > [Enter] then Exit > [Enter]
    This stops the print spooler service and restarts after deletion of print jobs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds