Printing a list of files in windows directory

Discussion in 'Software' started by be0, Jul 13, 2007.

1. be0

be0 Corporal

How do you do that?

Thanks...

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Easiest way I can think of is running:

Code:
    dir [I]directorypath[/I] >> c:\dir.txt && c:\dir.txt
    At the command line, where directorypath is the folder you want. You can then print the text file. Or you can just redirect (>>) to LPT1, if you have parallel-connected printers.

3. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

An alternative if you want to include subfolders is the Tree comannd

Code:
    Tree "c:\windows\system32\"  /F /A > "c:\output.txt"

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Nice one, Matt. I thought there was switches to do this with the dir command, but this is a better option.

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

From an MG search, try:

Karen's Directory Printer 5.2.1
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Karens_Directory_Printer_d5720.html

No more fumbling with My Computer or Windows Explorer, wishing you could print information about all your files. Karen's Directory Printer can print the name of every file on a drive, along with the file's size, date and time of last modification, and attributes (Read-Only, Hidden, System and Archive)! And now, the list of files can be sorted by name, size, date created, date last modified, or date of last access.
    Rating: 5 (4 votes).

Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds