Privacy Guardian won't start up..

Discussion in 'Software' started by richardbru, Apr 30, 2008.

1. richardbru

richardbru Private E-2

I’m running Windows Vista Ultimate on my computer.

The problem is that when I install PC Tools Privacy Guardian it says the install completed successfully, but when I double click the shortcut on the desktop to start the program it just doesn’t start up (not in running processes either).

I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it multiple times, installed it in different directories and tried uninstalling it with your uninstaller 2008.

The same problem accurse with desktop maestro, all other programs install and run just fine.

Any ideas? Anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

You could also try right clicking the installer of the application and choose "run as administrator" in some instances some applications need full admin access as even though you maybe listed as admin, in Vista you are not a full admin by default for security reasons and some security applications and other software need installing this was, in part to gain access to registry.

or try PC Tools support team if above doesnt work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds