Probable P5P800 problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gunnut03, Jun 23, 2005.

1. gunnut03

gunnut03 Private E-2

ok hers the problem:

I have just installed a new P5P800 mobo with a P4 530J 3.0GHz CPU, 3x256MB DDR333 RAM, along with a GeForce6600 256MB AGP8x

now that combination worked fine with my old mobo (ASRock 775S61), i upgraded to the P5P800 to increase the performance of my games

i set it all up, turned it on and got nothin, turned out to be static problems, i sorted all that out but now when i go to play games after a matter of seconds my comp turns itself off, same thing for every games i try to play, yet it works fine with everything else i try to do

i got a new 650W power supply, thinking it was that, still nothing, i got a 20pin to 24pin adapter thinking it was that, still the same, i have tested all 3 sticks of ram and they all work fine

if any1 has any idea wot the problem could be then please post here or get in touch with me on msn please (gunnut03@22acu.com)

need any more info then please say, any ideas apriciated

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

do you think that static problem could've been permanent?

and what do you need a 650w power supply for :confused:

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

The reasone for the forum is so everyone can benefit from the info it,would take ages to help everyone one to one.have you got the molex plugged into the 6600gt and has it got enough cooling?

Also as pirate said you can have too much psu for your computer,your probably burning 100w of juice you dont need to,think of the trees,or you electric bill lol. :D

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article28-page4.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds