Problem after combofix???

Discussion in 'Software' started by Elendil, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Elendil

Elendil Private E-2

Well, I came across the Malware Removal section of this site, and figured I'd give combofix a shot - just to see how it would go.

However, after running the program, I seem to be experiencing a system problem - I no longer have the option of any XP themes in my windows theme section, and the system seems to take at least 5 times longer to get through the windows greeting at startup than it did prior.

I've searched and dug around for a similar issue, but I can't seem to find one.

Any ideas? I can't seem to restore either - it simply asks me to reboot, and once I do, it prompts for the same action.

2. Elendil

Elendil Private E-2

Hey there. It actually wasn't a malware problem that prompted me to run the program - I was simply curious to see if I did have one. I debated where to post this, however, as I felt it wasn't a malware driven problem, I decided (perhaps erroneously) on this one.

Regardless, I figured out where the Combofix restore point was, and was able to get my system back up to normal. Still curious as to why that may have happened.

3. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

As Steve_East9 is mentioning it would be better if you had posted in the Malware Forum with this.

I would still like to see the C:\ComboFix.txt log that should have been created by running ComboFix. Please start a new thread in the Malware Forum and attach the ComboFix.txt log. Also make reference to this thread you have in the software forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds