problem after connecting to ps3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by melbstorm, Jan 17, 2009.

1. melbstorm

melbstorm Private E-2

hi,

im not to great with the techinal lingo...so if you could help and explain in layman's term that would be good.

my computer/internet connection is in a seperate room to my ps3 console...i wanted to connect upto the playstation network to download some demos. So what i did was disconnect my modem router (Netcomm NB6plus4 adsl+2) from my computer and took it into the other room and set it up on the sony. that worked fine but later on i put the modem back on to my computer and tried to connect to the net...but it wouldnt, the adsl light on the front was on but the PPP light was not.

after awhile of getting frustrated i went into control panel >network and sharing centre>connect to a network. A screen than came up with "broadband connection disconnected"...so i pressed connect, it asked me for my IP password and username i entered those in correctly and it connected me to the net.

now the PPP light is still not on...and i have to verify my IP password everytime i want to connect...it also askes me to "dial" to connect. i am not on dial up so i am slightly confused.

i hope i explained well enough for you guys to understand...any help is appreciated.

cheers!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds