Problem Burning Bitdefender ISO with Imgburn

Discussion in 'Software' started by axelbrora, Jan 14, 2010.

1. axelbrora

axelbrora Private E-2

Hi,

I am trying to burn the Bitdefender rescue disk foe my son's computer using Imburn. I have downloaded the ISO file which downloads with the Winrar icon and also extracts with Winrar to a Bitdefender foldert. When I then run Imgburn I cannot find an .ISO file in any of the Bitdefender folders.

The folder I am downloading straight from the Bitdefender site has an ISO extension and then has the ISO extension in the file name along with an RAR icon the the download box, but it downloads as a RAR file.

I have tried removing the ISO file option from the Winrar options setting before downloading but it make no difference. I am having exactly the same problem with the Trinity rescue disk, although I have downloaded and burned the F-Secure rescue disk without a problem, I think!

If I run a search for *.ISo files Vista lists the three folders I have downloaded Trinity, Bitdefender and F-secure although it shows the RAR file icon and lists the file TYPE WinRAR archive.

Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong and how do I get the *.ISO files to burn to CD?

Axel

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You have iso files associated with Winrar. This is not a problem but you will just see the winrar icon on those files. It only matters if you double-click the file which will open Winrar. But you can still browse to iso files in imgburn and burn them to CD.

Just get the location of the Bitdefender.iso and browse to it with imgburn. Do not open or extract it in Winrar.

Do you have Vista set up to show the name of files including extensions? If you are downloading various filetypes it would be useful to have extensions showing for all filetypes. ControlPanel>Folder Options>View tab>uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for Known Filetypes".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds