problem configuring modem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by macwa, Aug 8, 2010.

1. macwa

macwa Private E-2

Hi Guys, I have a little problem connecting to the 'net. We just moved, and had to change service providers. I have the DSL modem that we got from the old provider. My problem is that I never got any information from the old provider on how to access/reconfigure it. :-o I need to get in to setup the new user name and pass. The modem is a Force Comm X-100. When I do a web search on it I get nothing. Does anyone have any ideas? I am grateful for any help. Thanks!

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

a quick look at google for forcecom dsl modem. Seems it could be username: admin password: admin

3. macwa

macwa Private E-2

thanks for the input! How do I access the modem to use the user name and pass?:confused

4. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

5. macwa

macwa Private E-2

Thanks, thesmokingun. tried that address both with and with out the router. doesn't work. I broke down and ordered a modem from qwest:-o. Honey has lost patients with my "fooling round". Another facebook addict. Thanks for your efforts! Mac

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds