Problem connecting Linksys PCI adapter to already established wireless network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nater324, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Nater324

Nater324 Private E-2

I am having trouble connecting my Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with Speedboost to my Linksys WRT310 N router. I ran the installation disk and then inserted the PCI into my CPU running XP with SP3 and turned the PC back on. I then saw the Linksys icon in the sys tray at the bottom right and right clicked to switch to Windows Wireless Zero Config, but then I get an error message on the "Choose a wireless network" screen stating, "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection" From this screen I click on "change advanced setting" to see if I can change the wireless setting but I do not see any tabs other than general and advance. I also go to run: services.msc for Services Local and go to the Wireless Zero configuration but it says its started and automatic. I restarted this but to no avail. Any one have any suggestions? When I go to Network Connections, it shows my Wireless Network Connection as not connected.

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

When you go to device manager do you see any yellow marks

3. Nater324

Nater324 Private E-2

no yellow marks, says all devices working

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Uninstall the Linksys connection software.
    You are getting conflicts with the WZC Service.

5. Nater324

Nater324 Private E-2

Uninstalled the linksys software and rebooted. Then reinstalled it, still nothing changed. I think one of the drivers is either missing or corrupted

6. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

You need to choose which application you want to control the connection.
    If Linksys, then go to services and change the start up type for the WZC service to disabled.
    If you use the Windows app, then uninstall the Linksys software. Uninstalling the software will not delete the driver for the adapter.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds