problem connecting to a TV using S-Video

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tbox, Jun 6, 2004.

1. tbox

tbox Private E-2

Allrighty, I've got an ATI 9600 Pro graphics card with an S-video output. It's a 7 pin output and my TV has a 4-pin input. So, I hook up the computer using a 4 pin s-video cable and when I turn the computer on, the screen flickers (like it keeps scrolling up and up and up... like when u get a bad reception with an antenna) and the signal is in black and white, basically rendering the connection to the TV useless.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Also, might it have to do with using the 4 pin instead of the 7 pin connector? I've done some research on the number of pin connectors and it seems that the 3 extra pins dont really do much.

So, any ideas? Thanks.

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

3. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

I guess I would try a different cable and try a different TV.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds