Problem connecting to Work wireless internet network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mspoon713, Oct 10, 2012.

1. mspoon713

mspoon713 Private E-2

The computer used to connect no problem. Today when trying to connect it says to contact interent provider. i can connect to another network just not the work network. ive tried a few things with no luck can anyone help? i really need this computer for work.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, mspoon713, and welcome to MajorGeeks...

We need some more info from you: what's the make and model # of your machine (please include any Service Tag #s), and what operating system version and Service Pack # are you using?

Also, please download and run EVEREST, a free system information tool.

When the scan completes select 'Report', 'Quick Report', 'Plain Text'. Select 'File', 'Save As...', name the report, and save to an easily found location such as your Desktop.

Then attach that file to your next post per these instructions: HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post.

We also need any information concerning your modem/router setup.

And, you mentioned that you've tried a few things - what things have you tried?

3. mspoon713

mspoon713 Private E-2

Hp pavillion dv6-1245dx windows vista 64 bit service pack one i do not know the router info as it is in an office im not allowed at the moment. ive tried restarting the computer, the connection, and removing the connection.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds