Problem Copying Files From Disk To Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by Toke, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

When I try to install from a disk to my hard drive, it goes so far then stops and I get the following message:An error occurred while trying to copy a file I/0 ERROR 23. This can happen from 5% to 30% of the installation. PLEAAASSSEEE HELP.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

could be a bunch of things

Try running a scandisk (Win9x/ME) or Chkdisk on the source drive to make sure there are no errors on it.

Try replacing the IDE cables.

Could be RAM related as well.

3. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Ho Kodo thanx for reply, tried all you suggested to no avail.. In sheer desperation I took the offending disc and loaded it to other computer and reburnt using ''Easy CD Creator'' and then went back to original computer and read/installed went no problem.. Th initial burn was using ''Nero'' and that was the problematic one.. so what has Easy got that Nero aint ???

4. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Ammendment to reply

What I never mentioned that may be of help to others was that the disc that had been burnt from Nero and was unreadable was cloned using Easy cd Creator and then it was readable and OK to install. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds