Problem downloading Avant Browser

Discussion in 'Software' started by jimobasa55, Nov 6, 2014.

1. jimobasa55

jimobasa55 Private E-2

Found a new version of Avant Browser on majorgeeks this morning and decided to give it a try.
    However, I had to abort the download as it was downloading at a ridiculously slow speed of 990 bytes per second. Nothing wrong with my computer as I downloaded iTunes shortly after and it downloaded at my computer's normal download speed of 800-850 kbps

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

There is a problem with the author's homepage.
    [​IMG]

Even the links here are not working
    http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=33954

Ah, it took awhile but I did get a download dialog box to finally pop up.
    When I clicked to download the USB version, it indicated it would take 14 hours!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

The problem has been reported. :major

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

And that's why we didnt mirror it. We don't have all day. If the author would let us get it and mirror it, it would be to his advantage. I can lead a horse to water but I can't make it drink.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds