Problem downloading from internet

Discussion in 'Software' started by arlo, Mar 2, 2005.

1. arlo

arlo Private E-2

Sometimes I get a normal download from internet and sometimes I do not get anything after I click on download. There is no pop-up window asking where to save file to and hard drive does not run, but message line at bottom of screen says downloading. After several minutes, it says done and screen goes all white. I can not find the file anywhere on computer. Internet is on cable modem. What can I try or look for?

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Would you like the half-baked guesses or a bit more logical and educated ones? ;)

If you choose the second one, please provide more info on your Operating System any ServicePacks installed (if applicable). The type of browser you are using, its version, etc.

How long you had this problem and have you tried another browser based on a different engine to see if the problem was browser specific? Do you have a third-party download program installed? Any other Internet or security related programs running?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds