Problem getting my wireless routers to connect.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hartj87, Aug 31, 2008.

1. hartj87

hartj87 Private E-2

I have DSL internet service through Frontier Comm. and recently they upgraded me to a newer router, a Siemens Gigaset SE567, which has wireless capabilities built in it. My problem is I have a Netgear WGR 614v6 that I am trying to get it to link with and nothing I try seems to work, any suggestions? All help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    hartj87

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

what exactly are you trying to do with the two routers?

3. hartj87

hartj87 Private E-2

get my second computer on the internet...but I've decided to ditch that problem, on to bigger and better ones!

Okay, I recently got a belkin wireless adapter in hopes that it can link up to my Siemens Gigaset SE567, and sometimes it shows the signal being received but can't connect to it, or it won't show the signal at all. I configured the Siemens router to pick up and the MAC add. and walked through the troubleshooting but no dice....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds