Problem in connecting to network with DLINK DWA-525 in Windows 7 64bit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ukjeyaraj, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ukjeyaraj

ukjeyaraj Private E-2

Hi All,

I recently assembled my new PC and has chosen Dlink DWA-525 as wireless LAN card. I am using Windows 7 64bit as OS.

At times when I boot the PC WLAN gets enabled and connects to internet without any intervention from me. However sometimes it does not get connected with the message "No Network connections available". In such case I disable and then enable the connection and it get connected occassionally but not always.

I downloaded latest drivers from Dlink and updated the same, still no improvement.

I stopped the Dlink application and have only Windows WAC enabled as auto, to avoid clash between two services. Still the problem continues.

ipconfig shows media status as "disconnected"

I need your help to find out where the problem lies exactly and how to solve the same.

Thanks in advance

2. ukjeyaraj

ukjeyaraj Private E-2

Pliz help.

3. techsent

techsent Corporal

Hi ukjeyaraj,

It's probably a Win7 64-bit conflict with the wireless card.

While I didn't see your model number listed, there may be a problem and it isn't listed yet.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en-us&type=Hardware&s=dlink%20DWA-525&page=1

You may want to try a Microsoft Update and Windows Update as there may be a bug fix driver for download.

Also check the router specs to make sure it supports win 7 64-bit and has the latest firmware.

worst case, you can try another card to confirm the problem.

Techsent

4. ukjeyaraj

ukjeyaraj Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. I will try and update Windows.

Will also check for router firmware update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds