problem in winxp

Discussion in 'Software' started by jteal, Oct 30, 2004.

1. jteal

jteal Private E-2

hello people, i usually lurk, but i have a problem that has me stumped. running winxp, p4 2.4, 512 ram. first off, i come to the welcome screen with the login prompt, but i'm the only user and i don't use a password. so i click my name and it starts to log me in, but then i get a box, with a red x in it, with two buttons, yes and no. click no and it brings you back to the login screen. click yes, it brings you to the desktop, but no icons, then logs you back out and back to the login screen. can boot up fine in safe mode, no viruses detected by norton, and nothing out of the ordinary in the msconfig startup folder. also dug around in the registry a little and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. i'm out of ideas. what do you folks think?

Many Thanks.
    Johnathan

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Check User Accounts in Control Panel.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds