problem installing apollo printer on e machine w/vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by gatorman, Jul 2, 2007.

1. gatorman

gatorman Private E-2

just bought 1st computer which is e-machine w/vista. Have an apollo p-2600u powered by hp new in box I had bought a couple years ago that I tried to hook up to computer. Installed w/disk on computer and when wouldn't work looked at add printer section on computer which had install for p2200-2300 series. now it at least prints test pages but nothing off of the internet. Went to driverguide.com but they didn't have anything for p-2600u in vista. Can anyone help me any further here?

2. SkunkWorks

SkunkWorks Private E-2

since your printer is already a couple of years old, chances are those drivers are not compatable with Vista, check with the manufacturer web site to if they have updated drivers. Be advised that a lot of manufacturers do not upgrade their drivers from XP to Vista, this forces you to upgrade your products.

I did see where the Apollo homepage is up for sale

www.ap-sure.com/myapollo/support

Also the latest drivers I could find were for XP

http://www.topqualityfreeware.com/apolloprinter/apollop2500u_drv.html

3. gatorman

gatorman Private E-2

Thanks for the info skunkworks. I was wondering why their web site was so weird. Further I come to find out that not only are they selling their web site but they quit making printers in 2001.

4. jojoreal19

jojoreal19 Private E-2

is apollo in any way related to hp? tnx

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds