Problem installing drivers for NVIDIA Geforce GT 420

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dekazer, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Dekazer

Dekazer Private E-2

Hi!
    When i try to install new update for my driver, it starts normally but when it's trying to install graphic adapter, it stops and says "installation failed".
    This is first time I'm trying to update my drivers, and I have selected right installer from NVIDIA homepage. Anybody know what's wrong ?
    Ty in advance :)

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Did you uninstall the existing drivers? What is your OS and is it 32bit or 64bit?

3. Dekazer

Dekazer Private E-2

Oh sorry for lack of information, I have tried that i uninstall existing drivers and my OS is windows 7 and 64bit

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Also what is your motherboard make and model and if you dont know then follow the below as written as this will allow us to find out, I feel as if you are missing the Chipset driver which is needed to allow other devices such as Audio and Graphics to install corectly.

6. Dekazer

Dekazer Private E-2

Hope there is enough information :)

Attached Files:

7. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , you must use this tool

http://majorgeeks.com/Driver_Sweeper_d6171.html

cleanning up all vga driver's leftover ( run in normal mode even safe mode ) , afterwards you will be able to have a good installation progress !! :wave

8. Dekazer

Dekazer Private E-2

^ Didn't work :( ty anyway!

9. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

10. falconattack

In addition to that , you could give us the hardware id :

Start - Run type this mmc devmgmt.msc - Ok - right click to yellow device - Properties - Details - scroll down the arrow finding Hardware ids - there is a code in the box , we need it ( select all - copy - paste ) the code here !! :wave

11. Dekazer

Dekazer Private E-2

Hope you mean my geforce gt 420 hardware id with "yellow device" :p
    Anyway hardware Id:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DE2&SUBSYS_2162174B&REV_A1
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DE2&SUBSYS_2162174B
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DE2&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DE2&CC_0300

And my current version is 275.33

12. falconattack

Is there any other yellow mark in Device Manager except for this ? Download this driver

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/285.62/285.62-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql.exe

save it to desktop , you must try manually installation

http://www.addictivetips.com/window...-or-device-drivers-manually-in-windows-vista/

do it !! :wave

13. Dekazer

Dekazer Private E-2

Didn't work :( it just tells me "installation failed" nothing else. And i don't have anything yellow in my device manager

14. falconattack

Do you restart your machine after installation completed ? You must go in to Device Manager to uninstall device ( vga )

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000870.htm

reboot your machine , navigate to file destination and run executive file !! :wave

15. Dekazer

Dekazer Private E-2

It didn't work either, did everything twice as you said and rebooted my computer. I wonder wth is wrong with my computer :D

16. falconattack

Read tgell's post , be patient , trying this process again !! :wave

17. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Not really as you deleted 90% of the log and some HW ID parts are crucial but saying that try this as you have Windows 7 64bit.

Make sure you have all up to date Windows updates, this is critical, then reboot, then install the Chipset driver from HERE and reboot.

Then install the GFX driver from HERE and reboot and test.

But do also tell us what after doing the above items in Device manager you have with a yellow ! mark?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds