Problem installing Intel HD graphics driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mosho, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Mosho

Mosho Private E-2

Hello

I've purchased a new computer, namely an i3 540 on a Gigabyte H55M-S2H, without a dedicated graphics card. When I install Intel's drivers and restart (no matter which driver, I've tried them all, from both GB and Intel) Instead of my desktop I will get a black screen after the windows (7 64bit pro) logo at startup.

Thanks for any help!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did Windows come pre-installed or did you have to install it? did you instsll the Chipset driver for this model motherboard first, then reboot and install the gfx driver (use the GB one) if not try this again.
    You have been installing drivers that are 64bit versions?

Do any devices in Device Manager have yellow ! marks, if so next to what?

Can you boot into Safe Mode ok?

Have you been installing any software, or has this just happened before and 3rd party software, like antivirus was installed?

3. Mosho

Mosho Private E-2

Thanks!

4. acetken

acetken Private E-2

I'm having the exact same problem on my new laptop. Anything but the stock Intel HD driver boots to a black screen, but other than that, everything is fine with it. i can hit the power button and Windows shuts down just fine.

What the heck is going on?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If all installed OK as you say then install the VGA driver in this one HERE

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds