Problem installing Office 2000

Discussion in 'Software' started by rogvalcox, Feb 26, 2006.

1. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

A friend of mine bought himself a newer version of office and gave me his older 2000 version. (I love hand-me-downs!!!!)

Upon installing it...it gets about half way through, then I get an error, that "cannot change or modify one or more windows files"...then when you hit OK, it backs everything off, and tells you the installation was unsuccessfull.

I'm pretty sure it is something on this computer, because I put it on my laptop, and it appears to have done ok!!!

Any Ideas??

Roger

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Start with the basic, have you tried restarting then opening nothing but the installer. Also if any previous versions are installed try uninstalling them before running the install.

3. peterparker

peterparker Corporal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds