Problem installing Windows Defender (beta 2)

Discussion in 'Software' started by hattrick, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hattrick

hattrick Private E-2

I have never had any problem downloading beta's when they are available up until the last one. I was told I had to have my version of Windows verified which I have had done before with no problems, until now. After downloading the verfication tool and going through all that, Microsoft didn't accept that my XP Pro is valid. A message came out saying the Windows product key is invalid. Other than having the hassle of ringing them up or e-mailing them, is there any other way of downloading or bypassing the verification to successfully install Windows Defender?

2. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

No. Just give them a call.:) My experience when I've had to call MS has always been pleasant and quick, unlike other companies I've had to call.

3. Norby

Norby Private First Class

Hi,I never used the verfication tool I just downloaded Windows Defenders from MajorGeeks. It just downloaded and installed it and that was all,no problems here. Uninstall Windows Defender and try again from this site.

XP Pro

4. AbbySue

The tool, IIRC automatically verifies even with the download through MG's to check and see if you are running a valid version of XP. If you are running a legal copy of windows there should be no problem with calling MS. There are many legitimate reasons why verification/validation can fail.

5. Erico A

Erico A Private E-2

you could always try the process again

6. Banacek

Banacek Private E-2

Are you still having problems? Try downloading it from here. This one worked for me when others didn't.

[EDIT] Link removed to cracked copy of software. [/EDIT]
    Regards Banacek

7. AbbySue

This thread has run it's course. User needs to contact MS to get his copy of Windows validated in order to use this software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds