Problem Loading Firefox Mozzilla 1.0.7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jack Bauer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Private E-2

I downloaded new browser mozzilla firefox 1.0.7 and was using explorer.system xp 1.5g ram,ati 9800 2.6ghz processor,blah blah.the browser comes up but wont load the page,no matter what I type in the window,if I get out of that browser,micro explorer loads instanly no problem,have looked at options in browser,set as default browser,changed back and the page will just try and load forever but never does,any help would be appreciated,ty ;)

2. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Hi and welcome to MajorGeeks.

Have you tried uninstalling it completely then reinstalling?

Did you have a previous version of FireFox, and if so, did that work OK?

4. Insomniac

I also suggest you stay clear of RC (Release Candidate) or Beta versions as they can be buggy.

5. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Private E-2

I have never had firefox as a browser.I did download ff 1.5 version and it did the samething,that was the first attempt at using mozzilla software.When it wouldnt load I asked my girlfriend which version and she said 1.0.7 So I uninstalled 1.5 and added 1.07,and the samething wont load,I connect through cable modem,have norton internet security 2005. Also at bottom of ff page it reads looking up woot.com,which is the site I was trying to access.Thanx again for your support. :cool:

6. Insomniac

Is your firewall blocking it by any chance?

What exactly is happening, and do you get an error message or the page won't load?

7. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Private E-2

The page wont load,it just says at botttom of page left side"llooking up www.woot.com,which is a page I loaded as homepage.My firewall always tell me when its going to block something and gives me the option.but I will disable and see if it loads.

8. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Private E-2

Insominiac Its the firewall,I disabled it for 5 minutes and page loaded instantly.how do I allow my norton internet firewall to operate and use firefox,i couldnt see anything in settings that mattered,thanx for your help. :)

9. Insomniac

At least you now know what it is.

I don't use Norton, but doesn't it prompt you for permission when you start FireFox?

If not, then go into Norton Firewall's options or program control and look for the FireFox entry.

Then allow it access, or delete it from the list, then restart FireFox and the firewall should prompt you for permission.

I don't know the exact path I'm sorry as I don't use Norton.

10. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds