problem opening flash web sites

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CEOgiggles, Feb 24, 2006.

1. CEOgiggles

CEOgiggles Private E-2

www.storyplace.orgthen i went to hijack this and deleted some things I probably shouldn't have.

Now I am still not able to open up the website storyplace.org.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2006
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. CEOgiggles

CEOgiggles Private E-2

Dear Halo,

I tried downloading both macromedia flashes again.

Another program that I cannot open is http://www.headsprout.com/myHeadsprout/

No error messages appear. The screen just does not open.....

giggles

4. DavidGP

In case you have some corrupt entries in your temporary internet files download this and run the cleaner ( it will also delete your cookies so any site you automatically logged onto you will have to re-enter your user/password again )

CCleaner
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4191

Click once installed cleaner > Analyze > Run Cleaner

5. CEOgiggles

CEOgiggles Private E-2

Dear Halo,

Ran the cleaner as suggested and got rid of Yahoo Tool bar.

Tried to download Flash but the computer is not recognizing it.

I have downloaded macromedia flash and rebooted to no avail.

Also have large lettering in opening up internet explorer and want to change opening page from yahoo.com to msn.com......

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Giggles

6. CEOgiggles

CEOgiggles Private E-2

I think I need flash 5.0 for www.storyplace.org

and flash 6.0 for www.headsprout.com

I have contacted macromedia support and 8.0 is not showing up in my computer.

Do you think I should trying to go back in the registry to an earlier time?

giggles

7. DavidGP

Large lettering goto in IE, View > Text Size and set to medium.

for the Homepage goto MSN.com and then click, Tools > Interent Options > Use Current > Apply.

If by going back in registry you mean Sytem Restore point, to a time before you deleted some items in Hijackthis then ( only advisable if you backup any important current documents and emails as anything newer than the restore point could be removed ) then yes you could do or if you have only used Hijackthis the once or on a limited basis you could open Hijackthis and look in the backups for any reference to macromedia and restore those.

another option is, if Macromedia flash is not installing is to use their uninstall tool to see if their are any remaining hidden files that are stopping it from being re-installed, then re-install flash.

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

What did Macromedia Support suggest?

8. CEOgiggles

CEOgiggles Private E-2

Halo,

I got it to work!! I did not have to do system restore, although I tried.
    I did need to delete from add/remove and reinstall. It was thinking I was using the Aol instead of high speed.

Your therapy quote is hilarious since I am a speech language pathologist and would love to have a touch of screaming now and again.

Thanks for your help.

PS Tried to find my hijackthis but of course did not save it in the correct spot.

Anyway problem solved on to the next case. Job well done.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds