Problem opening swf files- downloaded all windows suggested.

Discussion in 'Software' started by mladyraven, Nov 4, 2009.

1. mladyraven

mladyraven Corporal

My friend sent me an swf file. I can open it and watch it, however, I cannot save it. When I try to save it , I get a windows error that says windows cannot open this file - the light swf.
    File Type: MacroMedia Flash

File Extension: .swf

Description: This document contains an image or animation.

Software or information available at:
    IrfanView32
    MacroMedia Flash
    I go to the links and have downloaded the programs, it still will not let me save the target. I have not run into this problem before.

http://www.quantumk.co.uk/quantumk_video.htm
    This is the link. I would assume that if I can open it in IE, I should be able to save it. I have downloaded all adobe free programs, flash and air. I even downloaded IrfanView , however, I am still unable to save to my computer.

The computer is only a year old and I just did a fresh Windows download and everything is up to date, so, I am a bit confused.
    I am a novice.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

EDIT:

Sorry just waking up.

If you look in the source you can see the .swf file and then File save page as then the file onto your desktop. When it's on your desktop open it in the web browser you use.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds