Problem:Screen turning OFF abruptly!, an absurd malfunction

Discussion in 'Software' started by LiquidTensionnn, Mar 6, 2007.

1. LiquidTensionnn

LiquidTensionnn Private E-2

all at a sudden when my pc is on for some time the screen turns off and wouldn't turn back on unless i reboot my system.
    i thought it can be a virus, bt i scanned my computer with mcafee and kaspersky but the problem is still occuring..
    anyone of u knows abt this?

i used to leave my pc turned on whole nights and days and now i only leave it for an hour or two to come back and see the malfunction.

I formatted my PC last night, hoping that my problem will be solved...
    but, i'm still suffering from the problem of the screen turning off

okay, i tried the following:

1- Installation of a new VGA Card
    2- uninstalled drivers then installed again
    3- computer formatting

it turned out not to be a virus, because i formatted the pc and scanned it for viruses with many virus scans programs..

i was thinking, can my problem possibly be related to the RAM?
    i have a 512DDRAM Kingston and i just bought it a couple of months ago.

Please guys any help would be very much appreciated!!

2. LiquidTensionnn

3. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

Hi Liquid,
    Try going to Control Panel, Power Options, and check the settings for "Turn Off Monitor".

4. LiquidTensionnn

i already have all of the settings inside the Power Options set to "Never" and the Scheme i have is "always on"

5. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Many monitors have their own internal 'auto off' functions. Have you looked at these?

Studio T

6. LiquidTensionnn

mine is really basic, but i reseted it anyway

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds